From:
Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 14:25:10 -0400
At 11:06 AM 6/4/98 -0600, you wrote:

>2.  The program may attract an age group between 3-7.  I am concerned about
>having young 3 year olds with 6-7 year olds. Because I probably won't know
>exactly what ages I will have until the kids show up...I was wondering if
>anyone has advice about combining this age group.  (It seems to me that
>there is a big jump between 3 and six....)

Keep writing and reading activities to a minimum as the older kids will
have started to read and write but the younger ones probably won't have.
Use lots of pictures, especially if they have kids doing things in them as
they can relate to children.

Get the older kids who have better manual dexterity and coordination skills
to help the younger ones, especially with cutting things out, gluing and
pasting.  Pairing the older ones with the younger ones generally works well.

Deb Fuller