From:
education <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 1998 12:10:47 -0400
The $24 award, named for the value of goods offered by the Dutch to the
Native Americans for Manhattan Island, was established to acknowledge an
individual who has made significant contributions to the enhancement of the
quality of the life of New York.

On May 6, the Museum welcomed E.L. Doctorow to the list of outstanding past
$24 award winners, including Bobby Short, Brooke Astor, Richard Rogers,
Alice Tully, Hal Prince, Walter Cronkite, Ada Louise Huxtable, Joseph Papp,
Brendan Gill, Lewis Rudin, Vartan Gregorian, Louis S. Auchincloss, Felix
Rohatyn, and Mrs. Arthur Ochs Sulzberger.

Hope this answers your question,

Laura Dickstein
Manager of School & Teacher Services
Museum of the City of New York