From:
Elizabeth Stith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 12:22:01 PDT
I really disagree with the idea that museums do not value the degree - or whatever level of education - their employees have.  I do know that funding always hase been and always will be problematic for all but a rarified few of us.  It seems to me that in most museums staff are paid to the best ability of the organization.  I have never experienced anything else.  If people new to the field feel that starting salaries are too low then I invite them to rethink their choosen careers.  I made a decision many years ago that related to the quality of my life and one part of that decision was an understanding that I was never going to make a fortune doing what I want to do.  It's called life.