Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Alex Avdichuk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 1998 13:40:24 -0400
Christian (and any other interested parties):

As another museum-Ler pointed out, the Ontario Museum Association's web
page can help you with your search for Ontario Museums, and it includes a
directory of Ontario museums which can be accessed by region.
http://www.museumassn.on.ca/dir2.html will get you to this page.

However, if you are travelling to the Lake Simcoe area, what you can find
within an hour's drive might be difficult to determine from the regional
map.  It is helpful if you know the geography of the area, but can be
difficult if you don't.

My suggestions for narrowing down your search include: The Greater Toronto
Area, including the City of Toronto (Scarborough, Toronto, Etobicoke, York,
North York, East York) and its neighbouring municipalities (Mississauga,
Brampton, Bramalea, Halton, Oakville, Peel, Markham, Unionville, Oshawa,
Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Concord, Woodbridge, Richmond Hill, Vaughan - any
others I've missed??) There are some wonderful museums and historic sites
to visit.  Closer to the Lake Simcoe region, try Keswick, Newmarket,
Sutton, Holland Landing, Stouffville, King City, Uxbridge, Sharon, Aurora,
Orillia, Barrie, Bradford).

If any other locals can suggest places I've missed, please feel free to add
to the list.

If you wish to contact me directly off-list, I would be more than happy to
assist you with arrangements to visit any of Toronto's 13 city-run museums.

Alex Avdichuk
City of Toronto
Arts, Culture and Heritage Services

[log in to unmask] on 27/05/98 03:54:40 AM

Please respond to [log in to unmask]