From:
Steven Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jul 1998 15:39:06 -0700
Registrar / Collections Manager

Starting Date: Fall 1998

Salary: $31,275 plus benefits

Museum Info:
The museum is a university museum with a private board of trustees.  It
interprets the physical and cultural history of the Northern Rocky Mountain
Region through active programs in collecting, research, education and
exhibits.
The 94,000 square foot facility located at the edge of Montana State
University-Bozeman includes a planetarium, auditorium, classrooms,
permanent and
temporary exhibition halls, and a living history farm and homestead.  The
Museum
of the Rockies' collections are diverse, relating to the geographical region of
the Northern Rockies as defined by our mission. The collections number in
excess
280,000 items consisting of paleontology, archaeology, history, photography and
fine arts.

Responsibilities:
Reporting to the research and collections division head, main responsibilities
include: management of a computerized collections database (ARGUS), care and
maintenance of collections accessions, deaccessions, cataloging, loans,
packing,
shipping, inventory, insurance, maintenance of legal documentation, records
associated with acquisitions, and collections storage maintenance.

Required Qualifications:
1. MA or MS in museum studies or related field.
2. Registrarial experience in a museum environment.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of museum registration methods
4. Demonstrated ability with use of collections database systems.

Preferred Qualifications:
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills
2. Ability to work with interdisciplinary staff.

The Successful Candidate Will:
Demonstrate strong leadership, management, employee supervision, planning, and
organization skills.

Application Procedure:
Deadline: July 31, 1998.
Applicants should submit:
1. letter of application addressing the above qualifications,
2. current C.V
3. names, addresses and phone numbers of three references

Send to:

Steven B. Jackson, Head, Research and Collections
Museum of the Rockies
Montana State University-Bozeman
600 West Kagy Blvd.
Bozeman, MT  59717-2730.

ADA/EO/AA/VETERAN'S PREFERENCE
Steve

| Steven B. Jackson | Head, Research and Collections Division |
|   Curator of Art and Photography | Museum of the Rockies    |
|                   Montana State University                  |
|                e-mail: [log in to unmask]                 |
|       or: [log in to unmask]           |
|  Museum of the Rockies Web http://www.montana.edu/wwwmor/   |
|    Personal home page: http://www.montana.edu/~sjackson/    |
|Art Gallery: http://www.montana.edu/~sjackson/index-art.html |