From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 11:09:39 -0400
Hear! Hear!
-----Original Message-----
From: HARVEY DAVID ... COLLECTIONS <[log in to unmask]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.museum-l
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, August 11, 1998 9:26 AM
Subject: Re: How do you find the time to read all these emails!

>This sort of message is sophomoric, unfunny, and has the taint of ad
hominum attack.  The request for information on sexual collections was sent
out and mostly responded to with a measure of earnestness - it is one thing
to complain about the subject being discussed, it is quite another to
publish a slur.  Mr. Handy is entirely entitled to his opinions, his sense
of humor, and his mode of expression.  However, in the spirit of civility, I
question the posting of this on Museum-L..  There are plenty of other places
on the internet for this sort of expression.