From:
Arlyn Danielson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 10:07:17 -0400
Ginger-  I recently participated in an experiment with how items and
storage materials burn.  A piece of Tyvek was draped over some of the
"artifacts."  When the room was set on fire, the tyvek didn't seem to be
all that fire retardent- in fact, it burned and left strange little tyvek
bubbles that were not removable, on the artifacts.  Plus, we found a
strange, unidentifyable material between the artifact and tyvek.  It could
have been created from the tyvek during the burn.  No one knew what it was
or how it got there- including the person who set up the burn room.  I
thought I'd pass that info along.

Arlyn Danielson