From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 10:26:06 -0400
I'd say museum directorships become vacant not so much because people are
job-hopping, but because boards/politicians have decided "it's time for a
change."  And in some cases, a longtime CEO finally bags it and takes
retirement.   Institutions of all kinds, facing difficulties, often "cop
out" by bringing in a new CEO -- universities have been doing it since the
early 70s, and the big corporations are into this as well -- leaving the old
one out there in the market.