From:
Sarah Ann Munton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 12:02:23 -0800
On Wed, 1 Apr 1998, Karl Zinn wrote:

> What do you think of a small science museum using an inexpensive VR
> station to draw in visitors?  More than that, do you know of situations
> in which such a station seems to accomplish some education?

The Fraser-Fort George Regional Museum in Prince George, British Columbia,
had a Virtual Reality display last summer.  The museum is a relatively
small, mainly science and natural history museum.  The VR exhibit
contained games for visitors to pay (for a small, additional fee per time
period).  I do not know much more about the VR display, as I did not go
through it myself.  I am currently a volunteer at the museum, so would be
able to find out more information or to put you in contact with somebody
who does know more.

Sarah Munton