From:
Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 11:40:20 -0300
We at the NY Hall of Science are using the term Virtual Visit for a quite
different sort of program that we are developing.  We will have a setup
here at the Hall which will allow transmission and reception of full
motion- two way -video and audio over three ISDN lines.  We will train
teachers and rent kits with equipment for teachers to have the other node
of this setup at their school.  Their classes will book scheduled "Virtual
Visits", be "met" by an Explainer, and visit parts of the hall they are
interested in.  Interestingly, this will not use Internet IP, but
point-to-point telephony...might need to be adapted.

We are piloting this project this year with a major grant from NORTEL.
Good people...Glad to tell anyone more about the project, including tech
details, if there is interest.

Eric Siegel
Director, Planning &
Program Development