From:
Diane B Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 20:05:56 -0700
I am a graduate student attempting to finish up my thesis on the
"Identification and Classification of Historic Toy Marbles for Museums and
Archaeologists". I am inquiring to the people who know of any such objects
in their collections to briefly outline:
Quantity
Materials
Provenience (if known!)
References used to identify them as such and
If spheres of stone, glass, clay or metals under 1/2 " in size...what other
object names have been given?

I have received some good information or "not found here" replies and thank
you all for the well-appreciated use of your time and collections databases.
This is mostly a simple guide for under 1000 total marbles.
Diane Rice,  currently Program Coordinator at the Garden City Library, ID