From:
Avfstorr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 11:14:56 EDT
In the vein of the Smithsonian/Charleston Barbie Hominid--
Let's have more opportunities to laugh at ourselves.  Museums will be happier
places.  A year ago, Neil Bremer (yes, he who often comments on Museum-L)
reduced a packed room of 100s of diverse museum people at AAM to belly laughs
and comic tears at a session on professionalism in Atlanta--an unforgettable,
deliriously affirming moment of shared experience and rejuvenation on both
sides of the podium, even in the midst of the many serious issues we all face.
Incidentally, I believe Neil maintains a web site for museum humor.
Cheers,
Annie Storr  Univ. of Virginia  [log in to unmask]  301-589-6058