From:
Cindy Van Volsem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 13:12:01 -0700
I am posting these employment opportunities on the museum-l on behalf of
my institution. They appeared in the Medicine Hat News, April 4, 1998.

The ad reads:
"Sharing a vision that sees culture playing a more integral and essential
part in public policy, the City of Medicine Hat, Medicine Hat Museum and
Art Gallery and the Medicine Hat Public Library have joined forces to
develop and provide cultural services in a new way. Applications are
invited for the following positions:

DIRECTOR: MUSEUM & ART GALLERY: This position is responsible for the
leadership and management of our City;'s Museum, Archives & Art Gallery.
You will supervise, lead and mange a highly skilled team of
professionals, as well as ensure support to a dynamic and motivated
community of artists and volunteers. You have experience in museum and/or
art galleries as well as demonstrated leadership and management skills.
Working closely with a team of peers, supervisors and a Volunteer Board,
you will strive to establish a network which seeks to develop cultural
services as a prominent and vibrant component of our community. Your
qualifications should include a degree in a related discipline, plus
several years of progressively responsible leadership roles.

CULTURAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER: You are an individual who has exceptional
leadership and managerial skills and have unique abilities to get diverse
groups to work together and share resources for common benefit. You are
able to articulate and communicate in clear and concise terms and have a
vision for culture that is shared and embraced by our community. You may
have experience and knowledge from many cultural situations including,
but not limited to, heritage and museums, libraries and archival
workplaces and the performing or visual arts. As the ideal candidate,
your qualifications should include a degree in a related field plus
several years of progressively responsible leadership experience.
Preference may be given to a Masters Degree with the appropriate set of
skills and experiences.

[There is also a Chief Librarian position open]

Please submit your application, indicating which position you are
applying for, by Friday, April 30, 1998 to the: Human Resources Dept.,
City of Medicine Hat, 580 - 1st St. SE, Medicine Hat, Alberta,
Canada T1A 8E6.

We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview
will be contacted."

If you want to know more about Medicine Hat, check out the city website:
http://www.city.medicine-hat.ab.ca/