From:
Helen Glazer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 13:54:12 -0500
If you really want accurate color matching you don't want an old color
control strip.  Graphic artists replace their Pantone matching booklets
(sample printing ink colors) every year or so, because depending on how
they're stored and exposed to light, the dyes are subject to fading.  This
is true of color photos as well.  Red is the first to go (check out posters
in store windows and family photos hung on sunny walls and you'll see).
Maybe that's why the color matching books in used bookstores only cost a
dollar or two.

Helen Glazer, Exhibitions Director
Rosenberg Gallery  /  Goucher College
Baltimore, Maryland  USA