From:
"Jean M. Burks" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 12:04:20 -0500
I am searching for a warehouse or supplier that buys out old library,
school or institutional wooden furniture.  I am in need of 50 colonial
revival style oak chairs for the reinstallation of a 1920s dining room.
I have tried university property management departments, salvage
operations, even the local Catholic Diocese with no success.  There must
be somebody out there buying up and reselling the stuff.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  Thanks

P.S.  I considered buying modern repros but so far, the North Carolina
furniture manufacturers don't seem to come close to what I need and
custom-built is just too expensive.