From:
April Athena <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 23:09:10 -0800
>I recall reading about a town in the US that holds an annual Big Hair
>Festival. The article was in UK Marie Claire last year or the year
>before. Sorry that's not a lot of help, but perhaps another list-ee
>has heard of this event?
>Tracy Sibson
>Curator of Art Collections, Waikato Museum of Art and History
>0064 7 8386563

I think that was in Texas (of course! if it's big it must be Texas!). I read
about it in Vogue a few years ago.
I believe the Big Hair festival has a website, (doesn't everything
nowdays?), I remember stumbling across something like that one afternoon not
long ago.
I'm not sure if big hair is quite what the person from Outgamie is looking
for but it just might be a lot of fun!
best,
April Genung
"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to
be uesful, or believe to be beautiful" - William Morris