From:
"Robert T. Handy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 1998 08:05:34 -0500
My Board and I will be going into an important strategic planning retreat
on May 27.  One of the questions raised already is: What should we be
charging for services?

We have begun charging more than our cost for photo duplication, copying
services, etc.  Because we are a tax-supported (partially) county museum,
we only ask for donations rather than charging an admission fee.  Same
holds for lectures, etc. (members free, suggested donation of $----- for
non-members).

We provide consulting services for community museums--development,
collections management, financial management, etc.--as a "County service"
(we are County employees).

I've been asked by the Board member heading up the planning effort, to send
an inquiry out to y'all (that's Texan for all of you), to see if you can
give me some feedback on fee-for-services practices.  Would appreciate
whatever you might be able to share.

------
Robert Handy
Brazoria County Historical Museum