From:
Len Hambleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 08:07:08 -0500
San Diego's Balboa Park has a great aviation museum. Exhibits cover
early domestic flight and military with biplanes to a mock -up of an
aircraft carrier flight deck section and related aircraft,one could
easily spend the day there. A fine example of what volunteers (retired
aircraft technicians and many other disciplines can do) contribute to
one of the finest aircraft displays I've seen.
Also check out the Canadian Aviation Museum at Uplands near Ottawa
Canada.
Mount Hope near Hamilton Ontario has a great air museum on a smaller
scale.

Len Hambleton - Chief  Conservator
North Carolina Museum of History
5 East Edenton Street
Raleigh NC. 27601-1011
919-715-0200 x244
"Information in the spirit of sharing,catch the wave!"

Opinions expressed in this message may not represent the policy of my
agency