From:
Bonnie Noehr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 00:57:38 -0700
Two suggestions:

It is something to paint a particular picture or to carve a statue and to
make a few objects beautiful, but it is far more glorious to carve and
paint the very atmosphere and medium through which we look.... to affect
the quality of the day - that is the highest of the arts.            Henry
David Thoreau

Where the Spirit does not work with the hand their is no art.
Leonardo da Vinci

Good luck with the exhibit.  Wish I could attend.

Bonnie
Los Gatos, CA