From:
"Steven L. Grafe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 1998 17:34:51 -0400
Dear List:

Can anyone provide me with information about an "old and once famous military service institution" that was located on Governor’s Island, New York?  I hope to learn the current whereabouts of several items that were formerly displayed there.  Work with a small (public) ethnographic collection in the Midwest has led me to references to objects that were once loaned to this defunct facility.

Also, does anyone have leads for the current whereabouts of Nez Perce items that were collected as souvenirs of the 1877 Nez Perce War?  I have data for a body of such objects and the location of additional pieces could materially effect my dissertation research.

Please respond directly to me: <[log in to unmask]>.

Thank you.

Steve Grafe
Department of Art and Art History
University of New Mexico