From:
Diane Brenner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 23:07:49 -0900
We moved part of a log cabin into a gallery space about 18 years ago.  We
didn't fumigate it, and that was a mistake.  There were spiders, and they
continued to hatch for a good long time.  We sprayed now and then. (We
were much smaller and more innocent in those days.) The sod roof also
caused problems - bugs and drying out.  My word of caution is to pay
attention to these issues BEFORE you are committed.

We how have part of a Russian Block House, moved from St. Michael to
Fairbanks to us, and I think it had been fumigated in the truck when it
was moved.  However, it had been stored outside in Fairbanks, which is
considerably colder than Anchorage, so the bug problem has not bloomed.
     Diane Brenner, Anchorage Museum