Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 02:04:50 +0100
From:
Boylan P <[log in to unmask]>
To: Jodi Renee Gronborg <[log in to unmask]>
The purpose of doctoral research is surely to advance knowledge and
understanding, and demonstrate the ability to carry out high level
research and publication, and should not be compared with narrowly-drawn
technical skills in the vocational sense.

In addition to Leicester University already mentioned the UK possibilities
for doctoral research include curatorial, conservation and interpretation
at University College London's Institute of Archaeology, and museum
policy, management, intepretation, education and critical studies here at
City University. About 18 of our current 40+ PhD students are working on
full-time or part-time on museum-related theses, and we welcome part-time
studies based abroad providing they can make a minimum of 3 visits a year
for personal contacts, in additon to mail, phone and email communications.

We currently have 2 or 3 in N. America and another half-dozen in other
countries around the world. For an outline of our research degrees see
our web site:
        http://www.city.ac.uk/artspol/

Patrick J. Boylan  (Professor of Arts Policy and Management)

City University, Frobisher Crescent, Barbican, London EC2Y 8HB, UK;
phone: +44-171-477.8750, fax:+44-171-477.8887; e-mail: [log in to unmask]
World Wide Web site: http://www.city.ac.uk/artspol/