From:
"Hank T. Foreman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 12:09:28 -0500
Good Day All,

In celebration of Appalachian State University's 100th anniversary, the
Catherine J. Smith Gallery will be curating an exhibition of works by
artist Elliott Daingerfield.  He worked mainly in the mountains of North
Carolina and in a studio in New York City.  He was a compatriot of George
Inness.  Our exhibit will feature works that focus on the NC landscape and
people.  Most of his work falls within the period of 1880-1930 (coinciding
with the founding of our Univesity in 1899).

I would like to hear from organizations that have Daingerfield works or
documents in their collections.  In addition to the paintings/drawings we
will feature furnishings and family heirlooms.

Thanks for any assistance you might be able to provide.

(:  Hank  :)

Hank T. Foreman, Acting Director
Catherine J. Smith Gallery
Appalachian State University