From:
James Tichgelaar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 08:45:00 -0800
The Texas Tech University program includes a mixture of theoretical and
practical issues.  Almost all of the classes are taught by museum staff
(the exception is the Museum Law class).  Students are encouraged to
take work-study jobs in the museum, and most students also take a six
month internship at another museum.

While there are many opportunities to gain practical experiance and
skills, the core courses include several that are primarily
theoretical.  These are presented alongside the practical, allowing
students to see how they relate to each other.

James H Tichgelaar
Registrar
Arkansas State University Museum