From:
"Robert T. Handy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 13:19:09 -0600
Julie Fix wrote:

> The Virginia Department of Historic Resources just completed a
> "Preservation Toolbox" that includes, in addition to a lot of other
> really good stuff, a booklet about the economic benefits of restoring
> historic buildings. It lists statistics of jobs generated in the
> community, tourist dollars to be expected, and other vital points. I am
> not sure if it is available yet for distribution, but they could provide
> you with the statistics if you contact them. I don't have an e-mail
> address, but the phone number is 804-367-2323.
>
> Julie Fix
> The Civil War Trust
> 2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 1120
> Arlington, VA 22201

I just talked to Debra Woodward at the Virginia Department of Historical
Resources.  She tells me the toolbox will be completed in June or July
and they will be more than happy to share.

Please don't call her, at least now.  She is very hoarse and struggled
to fill me in and was very nice about doing so.  She suggests writing
letters of interest so that they can respond when appropriate.
--
Bob Handy, Director
Brazoria County Historical Museum