From:
Chantel Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 08:22:49 -0500
I'm a registrar, and I tend to consider the frame and the photo as parts of
the same object.  My suggestion would be to remat with archival backing to
protect the photo from any possibility of further damage and keep it in the
same frame.  I think that adds to the photo's integrity.

Chantel Y. Cummings
Registrar
The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens
Jacksonville, Florida