From:
Ann Trowbridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 11:34:13 -0500
The demolished main B&O station in Philadelphia (and I believe a number
of other B & O buildings) was designed by the great 19th century
Philadelphia architect Frank Furness.  An excellent model of this was
exhibited at the Ross Gallery of the Furness Fine Arts Library about
five years ago when the building was reopened after our work on its
restoration.  Architectural historian George Thomas (215-247-6787)
curated that exhibit and is particularly knowledgable about railroad
buildings in our region designed by Furness and his contemporaries.

Ann Trowbridge
Venturi, Scott Brown and Associates, Inc.
215-487-0400