From:
Lee Jolliffe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 11:48:13 +0000
Dear Colleagues,

The Scottish Tourism Research Unit of the Scotttish Hotel School,
University of Strathclyde, Glasgow is currently conducting a study for
Scottish Enterprise, State of the Art Attraction Management, An
International Benchmarking Study. This study will collect information on
visitor attractions (including all types of museums) in a number of
countries, including Denmark, Ireland/N.Ireland, Finland, Norway,
Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, USA, Singapore, France and Canada.

In particular we are looking for innovations in a number of areas
(including use of technology, animation, marketing, promotion, extending
life cycle and season, partnerships, repeat visitation, increasing length
of stay, revenue generation etc.) that might provide ideas for the
development of visitor attractions in Scotland.

I will be visiting Holland next week and would appreciate receiving any
advice on which museums to visit in respect to the above. Would also
appreciate hearing from colleagues in the museum field in Canada with any
references on innovation, as I am also responsible for summarizing the
Canadian situation.

All communication will be acknowledged, both by email and if the
information is used, in the final project report.

Please reply off list, to me at [log in to unmask] or to my colleague
Tony Seaton, Director of the Scottish Tourism Research Unit at

Thank you in advance.

Lee Jolliffe
Dr. Lee Jolliffe
Research Fellow