From:
Len Hambleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 15:14:17 -0500
Dear Cyberbuds,
I am looking for leather conservation /ethnographic technical workshops
in North America
 or Great Britain to attend this spring or summer. I heard of one in
Yellowknife NWT Canada but cannot find a kind soul who has the details.
Anyone care to shed some light?
Our museum collection has an extensive amount of leather arttifacts and
components of same.
The jury seems out and undecided on what is acceptable treatment these
days .
There are no specific treatises by Butterworths I am aware of .I'd like
to refresh and stay current.
I found an excellent newsletter publication it's :

Leather Conservation News
Objects Conservation Lab
Minnesota History Center
345 Kellogg Blvd West
St.Paul MN 55102-1906
Tel 612-297-5774       Fax  612-296-9961

Thanks once again if you have some information.

Len Hambleton - Chief Conservator
North   Carolina Museum of History
5 East Edenton Street
Raleigh NC. 27601-1011
919-715-0200 x244
"Information in the spirit of sharing,catch the wave!"

Opinions expressed in this message may not represent the policy of my
agency