From:
Trevor Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 15:41:56 +0100
I am currently involved in costing up a proposal for a new
museum/visitor centre and I am trying to gather some comparative data on
the rates of pay etc. for front of house staff.  A would be grateful for
any information any of you can give me (especially those from England)
The information I am looking for is as follows:

Job Title

Which of the following tasks are undertaken:

Exhibition invigilation; Ticket sales; Shop Sales; Cleaning; Recruitment
to membership organisations/friends; Supervising other staff;  First
Aid; Site safety; opening & closing the site; giving visitors
information about the exhibits; guided tours

Normal Basic salary -- for a full time employee for a year (if there is
a pay scale the minimum & maximum would be useful as well as the
average)

How many weekends are they expected to work during a year?

Do they get any extra money for working at weekends? (and how much?)

How many days paid holiday do they get in a year?

Approximately how many staff of this type do you have at your
institution?

In which city/town is your institution located?

And finally (if you don't mind telling me) what is the name of your
institution?

If you can only provide me with only some of the above information I
would still be grateful.  Please respond by email.

Trevor Reynolds
--
Trevor Reynolds