From:
"John A. Bing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 03:31:59 GMT
The Laguna Art Museum of Laguna Beach CA is almost 80 years old and in
its seventh month of operation since regaining our independence from
an unwanted merger.  The new Board of Directors has just completed a
two day retreat to assess our strengths, challenges and future and is
now about to review and "hone" our mission statement.

To help us in this process we will appreciate receiving copies of
mission statements from other  relatively small, fine arts museums.
Our community is approximately 30, 000 residents and we have a
membership of over 1500 and growing.

It goes without question that we are interested in preserving our art
heritage and are not looking for dramatic changes.  But we do want to
take advantage of this moment to clearly state our goals and vision.
In some ways we are looking for help or guidance in how best to
express our ideas to the members and to our community.

You can fax me at (714) 497 1128 or e-mail me at the address below.

Many thanks

John A. Bing
LAM Board member