From:
Jodi Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 17:06:16 -0600
Dear Mr. Heslip,
        I have heard that rats are unable to belch - by feeding them carbonated
beverages they will sicken and even die from the rodent equivalent of the
bends.  Assuming a comparable physiology, perhaps you can use this
information to solve your mouse problem.  Try American "lite" beer. Or, as
you are in Northern Ireland, invite the little critters down to the local
for a few pints of Guinness.  Use food - a steady diet of a full "Ulster
Fry" may cause their tiny hearts to stop cold.

        If you can't keep the mice from appearing in the first place, try
subterfuge - a few clockwork mice spinning around at the entrance will help
visitors deal with the real thing spinning around the exhibits.

        In a more serious (and helpful) vein, there  must be a fixitive available
that will seal the grain and adhere it to the display - you don't want
visitors leaving the site with "pockets full of rye", nor do you want them
dribbling grain all around the site. Surely someone has invented a product
that repels varmints and bugs, isn't highly combustible, and doesn't
require use of a respirator.

As always, "consider the source",
Jodi