From:
Mick Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 20:41:29 +0000
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Christina
Simpson <[log in to unmask]> writes
>The following request for information is forwarded on behalf of a
>colleague.  She is not a member of the list.  Please respond to her
>directly at the address she indicates, NOT to me!  Thanks!
>
>----------------------------
>
>At the Glenbow Museum in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, we are currently
>developing Terms of Reference for the grading or tiering of our
>collections.  In addition to establishing different grades for potential
>uses, we are interested in developing much more extensive use of our
>collections for community group loans as well as, potentially, for
>individual loans.

This is far too important a subject to discussed entirely off-list. I
trust answers will also be copied to museum-L as I, for one, would be
very interested to know other people's views on this contentious
subject. We're trying to formulate such a policy here (I'm Registrar at
Nottingham Museums) and it's not easy!

Mick
--
Michael P. Cooper * Mineralist * [log in to unmask]