From:
Mark Erik Nielsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 09:04:22 -0500
I sometimes wonder if we are losing to ability to speak to each other face
to face, which makes me wonder if our ability to empathise is at risk. I
wonder at young people who grew up with computers and seem to have no
regard for others.
But one must consider the idea that cyberspace has been with us since the
invention of telephones, radios, cars, even clocks. Anything that bends
time or adds to the structure of the reality we know as 'the world' we
depend on to limit the terror of the cosmos.
There will be some adjusting, but we'll get used to it I'm sure.

Mark Nielsen
Exhibit Designer/Preparator
University of Michigan Museum of Art
[log in to unmask]      313/647-2068