From:
"Douglass, Amy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 10:10:30 -0700
I agree that the Bill of Rights does not guarantee that the government
will promote certain points of view; it only guarantees that those views
may be expressed by those individuals or groups that hold them.
However, the problem comes in when the government promotes certain views
in the form of its policies, programs and laws at the expense of others.
I'm not sure what the solution for this is.  Perhaps all that we can do
is make sure that all points of view are given equal opportunity to be
voiced before a specific policy, program or law is put into place.  I
think we're still a long way from getting to that point.

(As always, the views expressed here are my own and not that of my
employer.)

Amy A. Douglass
Tempe Historical Museum