From:
Lucy Skjelstad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 18:34:02 -0800
Well, you all solved my last problem in the wink of an eye.  Thank you.

Now I need to ask if any of you have, or know anyone who has, ever
created living history characterization for any of the U.S. of A.'s
Founding Fathers (and Mothers), Minutemen, Town Crier's or any other
Revolutionary War period characters --including 'ordinary people'. The
time period could go up into the mid or late 19th century, as long as
they can talk about the ideas that shaped the new American democracy.  I
want to create one or more characters to talk about the issues of that
time period, about the arguments in the creation of the new democracy
(especially about the Declaration of Independence and the U.S.
Constitution).
   I'd like to get ideas about how you developed the characters,  how
you provided the actors with appropriate guidance to act in period,
where you found authentic character information,  etc. Anything at all
will help.

Thanks so much.  You can reply on or off list, depending on whether you
think your information would interest others.
Lucy Skjelstad