From:
"C.L. Goodwin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 15:47:11 -0600
 I am conducting a query of institutions with regard to
     contract relations with research assistants, interns and the like.  I
     would be very interested in learning whether your museum maintains a
formal
     agreement with interns and research assistants who are paid to work in

     a supporting capacity to curators for either exhibition or collection
     related research.  In particular, guidelines about "where" work should
be
     done; "location" of any resultant electronic materials; "what" is
     allowed to leave the institution during the research process.

     Also of interest would be policies related to the digitization of
     images during exhibition planning - photos either taken by staff or
     provided by other institutions and digitized for in-house use only.
     Are permissions required for this kind of project?

     Thanks very much for any assistance you can provide.

     Cathryn L. Goodwin
     Information Resources Coordinator
     The Saint Louis Art Museum
     fax:  314.721.6172