Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 22:18:01 -0400
While I was working at a hands-on science museum we tracked any incident
formally which required medical attention - even a band-aid or ice pack.  The
form I used included name of child and parent (or chaperone), address, phone
number, time, date, circumstances surrounding incident, whether or not they
refused medical attention ( we always offered to call for professional help),
the action taken to remedy the situation, and also talked to witnesses
(generally the floor staff of the museum).  Unfortunately I no longer have a
copy of this form, so there may have been other information which I have
forgotten.  We also kept informal logs of problems with museum exhibits and
potential dangers which were forwarded to the appropriate staff.  In my six
month position, I found that very few accidents occured, maybe the result of
our attentive floor staff and good "lectures" to visiting groups on museum
safety.  Hope this will help you.

Molly Mevis
Milwaukee, Wisconsin