From:
Arlyn Danielson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 14:56:34 -0500
Yes it does, thank you.  With all the recent talk of "pot hunters" and
"diggers," having additional information is enormously helpful, especially
since you folks are obviously on the level and legitimate.  The reason I
was skeptical was because my husband collects buttons, and he knows several
"diggers" personally, who go on private property (supposedly with
permission) to dig, and search.  Many of these people do this as a hobby
and for profit.  We are sure there are people in this business who have
little or no regard for the historical context in which the items are
actually dug up.  We have come up against fakes and questionable material.

I admire organizations that proceed with care and regard for the historical
background of archeological finds.

Arlyn Danielson