Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 13:46:10 -0400
From:  John Boyd, President, FAE Worldwide

Fortress Corporation, we are delighted to confirm that, indeed, negotiations
are currently well under way for The Fortress to acquire FAE.

Our joint mission is to deliver the best and most integrated service package
possible to our customers.

While we cannot absolutely guarantee that these negotiations will come to
closure, we hope and trust they will, as both companies' goals and
philosophies are highly compatible.  Fortress and FAE, both being
headquartered in Boston, expect to bring their headquarters together in
Boston.

All FAE employees have been thoroughly informed be a recent newsletter.

Any questions should be directed to either myself at 617-566-1155 or Bill
Snyder, President and Chief Operating Officer of The Fortress Corporation, at
617-790-3070, ext. 411 or e-mail: [log in to unmask]