From:
Bernard Barryte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 1997 17:40:38 -0700
Ah, so the food chain is still alive...so I will mention that in the Sept.,
'97 "Bon Appetit" there was a brief notice of a Diner Museum scheduled to
open in Oct. in Albany, NY.
Bernard Barryte

Castellani Art Museum wrote:

>> On the subject of food, does anyone know of other exhibitions specific
>>
>> to food, its history, science, art, etc during the last 10-20 years or
>>
>> so and where they were held? (We had one in 94 at the Castellani
>> called
>> Consuming Passions.) Is there a museum devoted to food?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Elizabeth Licata
>> Castellani Art Museum
>> Niagara University
>
>I believe the Historical Society of Philadelphia (or is it Pennsylvania)
>had a major exhibit on food in the 18th century several years ago.  The
>Ontario Science Center in Toronto has a permanent exhibit on food
>(mostly processing of food stuffs, but wonderfully done).  You may want
>to check "Food History News" (a bi-monthly newsletter) or with the
>foodways group of the Assocation of Living Historical Farms and
>Agricultural Museums (ALFHAM) for other suggestions.
>

>--
>M. A. van Balgooy
>mailto:[log in to unmask]
>
>Chaffey Communities Cultural Center & Cooper Regional History Museum
>  PO Box 772   Upland, CA 91785-0772
>  Telephone (909) 982-8010
>  Website:  http://www.culturalcenter.org
>
>Homestead Museum
>  15415 East Don Julian Road   Industry, CA  91745-1029
>  Telephone (626) 968-8492  NEW AREA CODE!
>  Fax  (626) 968-2048
>  Website:  http://www.homesteadmuseum.org

>Attachment converted: PONTORMO:vcard.vcf 1 (TEXT/ttxt) (000089AD)

Bernard Barryte
Associate Director / Chief Curator
Stanford University Museum of Art
tel:  650/ 725-0466  fax: 650/ 725-0464