Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 19:29:39 -0400
From:
Mark Friedman <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
I feel like this would be a good time to enter my thoughts into this
conversation. As a member of the team which selected Re:discovery for
The Mariners' Museum nearly 3 years ago (over Argus and Multi-Mimsy,
which was in Beta at the time), I can corroborate what Sarah Garner said
about the firm's helpfulnesss and support. As anyone who has lived
through an installation of an CMS can attest to, the software is but the
beginning of the TRUE COSTS. The labor of fully cataloging a
25,000-50,000 item collection is amazing, running anywhere from 10x to
100x the up front costs of any software package. What we like about
Re:discovery, is that they have been a partner to us, as we change our
minds about how to handle certain fields, and continually add more
users, and thus complicated ideas.

BTW - we purchased the Collections module, Photographic Ordering module,
and their Library module, which has full MARC import and export
capability (as certified by our 8000 library records available on the
Internet currently, which were exported by their product and into our
web search vendor's engine).

I hope this helps in some way.

--
 Mark Friedman                       "The fights are so vicious
 Manager of Information Systems       because the stakes are so