From:
George Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 1997 16:03:06 -0500
Education is boring and uninteresting only when it it put in the hands of
boring and uninteresting teachers.  Education is frequently boring because
we have a lot of boring teachers.  Learning is exciting and challenging and
rewarding.  But not many teachers know how to achieve learning in their
students.  So they fall back on being entertaining and call it education...
They buy into the idea that (yes) they ahve to copy MTV to keep students'
attention.  It's just becasue they don't know any better...

george

BTW a little competition from voucher schools and charter schools might wake
them up!