From:
Chris Andersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 01:36:13 -0400
Hello, everybody!

I am in urgent need of information about the British 1857 pattern
steel-handled bugler's (musician's) sword. Is there any chance that
someone out there could provide me with specifications and dimensions
for this sword, manufacturer's information, the dates on which it was
introduced into and withdrawn from standard military issue, and a
photograph or drawing in .jpg or similar format? A greatly shortened and
very heavily resharpened example, lacking quillons, was recently found
near Queenston, Ontario. I would like to provide the finder with as much
information about it as I can, and I would also like to write a short
piece about it for the Ontario Archaeological Society's newsletter. Any
information would be very gratefully received.

Sincerely,

Chris J.-Andersen, Regional Archaeologist
Ministry of Citizenship, Culture & Recreation
Archaeology & Heritage Planning Unit
77 Bloor Street West, 2nd Floor
Toronto, Ontario
CANADA  M7A 2R9

N.B. The opinions expressed here are solely the responsibility of the
author and should in no way be construed as representing the opinions,
positions and/or policies of his employer.

Chris J.-Andersen
Tel.: 416-314-7159       Fax: 416-314-7175
e-mail (Bus.): [log in to unmask]
e-mail (Home): [log in to unmask]