Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 02:23:55 -0400
MUSEUM AUTOMATION POSITIONS
DATABASE CONVERSION AND CONSTRUCTION

Work in a dynamic environment for the leading museum automation company
with users world-wide.  We automate collections, images, archival, and
bibliographic holdings of museums like the Smithsonian, the National Portrait
Gallery, London, and the Centre for Contemporary Canadian Art for access by
staff, researchers, visitors, and via the Internet.  Our data experts have
keyed in more than 2,000,000 records from manual sources and converted over
3,000,000 records from existing electronic formats.  We are currently
expanding our data keying and conversion areas to accommodate our users'
growing use of intranets and the Internet.

JOB#1:  DATA BASE CONSTRUCTION MANAGER

Seeking individual with excellent knowledge of data structure and formatting
issues to manage multiple simultaneous keying, mapping, and conversion
projects.  Should be highly organized and self-starting.  Must have
experience
in museum data entry projects (or similar materials) and large-scale
conversions.  Must have ability to do many things at one time and manage
several
large-scale projects with overlapping deadlines.

JOB#2: DATA MAPPERS

Seeking individuals with superior pattern recognition and analytical
abilities to analyze existing electronic databases from a variety of systems
and create specifications maps and transformation instructions for
programmers to use to convert and clean data prior to loading into our SNAP!
and Multi MIMSY systems.  Should be exceptionally bright and capable of
sustained, intensive work.  Must have experience in large-scale conversions.
Mathematical background or aptitude useful.

JOB#3: CONVERSION PROGRAMMERS

Seeking programmers with proven data conversion skills to take mapping
specifications and convert existing electronic databases to our Access- and
Oracle-based systems.  Must have minimum 3 years PC programming experience.

JOB#4: DATABASE CONSTRUCTION KEYERS

Seeking bright individuals with exception typing skills to translate manual
museum records to structured data fields.  This is NOT a straight typing
position but rather requires the ability to look at inconsistently recorded,
frequently handwritten, irregularly formatted museum documentation and
transform it, on-the-fly, to consistent, accurate data.  Must type over 75
wpm and have PC
experience.  Knowledge of Latin useful.

JOB#5: CONTENT RESEARCHERS

Seeking high-productivity individuals to collect, format, and analyze
subject information for use as pre-built meta databases to provide context
for existing museum records. These meta databases will be used in our
knowledge navigation, public learning, and Internet applications.  Requires
ability to gather information quickly but accurately from multiple sources
and synthesize
into consistently formatted records.  Should be self-starting and able to
work with minimal supervision. Background in physical, zoological, or
biological sciences useful.

JOB#6: TECHNICAL WRITER

Seeking individual with excellent writing and communication skills to
create hard-copy and on-line documentation and related materials for our
museum automation applications.  Must have minimum of 3 years PC experience,
knowledge of Microsoft Word, knowledge of database management systems.

EOE.  Non-smoking environment.  Offices located in Evanston, Illinois.

Send indication of which position you are interested in, resume,
references, list of skills, and salary requirements to Willoughby Associates,
Limited, 266 Linden Street, Winnetka, IL 60093 or email: [log in to unmask]