From:
elaine zopes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 1997 15:22:00 UT
We've been using the ANCS program for almost ten years now.  It has worked
very well for us given the type of collection we have (primarily tools).  The
program is not very user friendly, and seems very "old" when compared to the
other software we use for word processing and desktop publishing.  We've asked
our Park friends about upgrades and have learned that the Park System is
looking to upgrade ANCS by purchasing a ready-made program that they will then
make compatible for data transfer.  My understanding is that the new program
is likely to cost in the $2,000 range.  It's anyone's guess as to how long it
will take the Park System to decide on a new program.  We will continue to use
the old ANCS program until they decide and upgrade to their chosen program at
that time.

Feel free to call me, or our Collections Manager Malcolm Dick, at
201.377.2982.  Or, look for a friendly Park System curator who can give you
the inside story.

Good luck!

Elaine Clements Zopes
Director