Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 01:30:01 -0500
Dear Heidi,

     We are using a computer with a CD ROM in our current exhibit.  The
exhibit has been on display for an extended period of time and the computer
has not presented any problems.  It is enclosed in a cabinet that is opened
with a key at the end of every business day.  This allows the staff to shut
down the computer, but keeps visitors from tampering with the keyboard.   A
track ball beside the cabinet, which visitors easily reach from a chair in
front of the computer screen, is all that is necessary to operate the CD ROM.
 Kids and adults enjoy the information and games provided by the CD ROM.  As
an interactive, I personally think it is a great idea.
     I realize that budgets can be tight.  However, I think that there are
relatively cheap ways to design a fairly attractive cabinet that can be
locked in some way.
     Hope this helps.

Nicole Basso
UIHC Medical Museum