From:
Michael Paggie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 1997 14:39:42 -0500
Well let's see...if we all just limited our subject lines to 40 characters,
and if we all just included enough of a description in the subject line so
that those who don't want to read the message will know what it contains,
and if we all just were able to read subject lines, and if we all just
signed our email, and if we all just...

At 12:02 PM 4/6/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey All,
>
>I finally found out why so much of my mail from museum-l has the
>subject line "Internet Message".  Prodigy limits the number of
>characters allowed in the subject line.  If the number of characters
>in the subject line exceeds the allowed limit, then "Internet
>Message" appears in the subject field.
>
>So, sorry all for accusing you of being sloppy correspondents.  But
>wouldja puleeze try to limit your subject lines to 40 characters for
>the sake of all us P*-ers?  Thank you muchly. :-)
>
>____
>RheaT

Michael
email: [log in to unmask]