From:
Jennifer Jaskowiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 15:02:45 -0700
No policies are in place here.  In fact, we are encouraged to use email and
networking systems.  USC has a wonderful set up.  Email at work is free,
you can set up a home computer to access remotely, etc.  There are policies
written by the university in terms of web-authoring (ie.  any staff or
faculty member, student, or department can have a web page provided there
is no ilicit material, that they are not conducting sales--other than
university products--etc.)

For the most part, we are on an honor system.  If something is amiss, the
department head hears about it from the Web Team.  If a person's
productivity drops off and it can be linked to playing on the net, I am
sure that there are systems of reprimand in place.

 At my museum, we are encouraged to use technology.  In fact, we have two
web sites:  one is informational about the museum and upcoming exhibitions.
The other is a virtual museum.  We look at technology as our means of
keeping abreast of important issues, keeping our name out there, and
communicating within and without of the field.

Jennifer Jaskowiak
Fisher Gallery, USC