From:
Pam Endzweig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 14:16:15 -0800
Dear Museum-listers --

I am trying to track down information on a Philippine man's garment in our
collections.  It was obtained in the 1930s on the Island of Mindanao, near
Mt. Apo.

The ikat-woven costume consists of jacket, trousers, knapsack and turban,
and is decorated with beadwork and bells.  I am particularly interested in
the context in which such an outfit would have been worn.  So far,
traditional sources available to me have provided no insights.  Can anyone
out there help?

  Pam Endzweig  ([log in to unmask])
  Collections Manager & Staff Archaeologist
  UO Museum of Natural History
  1224 University of Oregon
  Eugene, Oregon 97403-1224; USA
  Ph 541-346-5120/Fx 541-346-5122